Sunday, December 30, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
I made these for Dawn for a fall swap
Friday, August 31, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
here are my jam jars, and some of the fabrics I have ready for other blocks. I think at some point I was planning to make a canning jar quilt.
I used to make jams and jellys all the time. My mom made so many unusal kinds, ginger peach, ginger pear, mint jelly, beach plum, blueberry yummy!
Berry picking was such a big part of our summer activities, we had so much fun, with prizes for the basket that was the fullest, fill their basket the fastest, of coarse some of us ate more than we picked. We made homemade ice cream and scrapped the jelly pot to top our ice cream.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
place 11" by WOF cuff piece right side up, pin the pressed 1" accent on along the top edge
pin the 29" piece right side down on top of the trim and pin in place, use the same pins as for the accent. It's okay if the lengths are a but off, you will straighten them in a later step.
Accordion pleat the rest of the 29" piece of case fabric, so it is above the bottom edge of the cuff but below the pinned edge/ now bring up the lower edge of the cuff fabric ( 1st layer) and pin to the top using the same pins, you have now created a tube, everything should be neatly inside, make sure you haven't caught any of the case fabric in the top pinned SA
place your arm inside the tube you just created and pull to right side out , slide your arm between the trim and the cuff grab hold of the end and pull thru
trim off any excess from the sides
Make french seams: place right sides together and sew a scant 1/8th inch seam, then turn inside out and press and then sew a 1/4" seam from the wrong sides.
do the same with the bottom of the case
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
1. I can't sit still, I always have to have something to do with my hands or brain, reading, quilting, knitting, I can't even sit out side and just enjoy the weather, I usually see something that has to be done, like a weed or watering.
2. Fibers have been a life long adventure, including being a hairdresser for 32 years, just another fiber right? I also think that's why I can't sit still, and am very aware of the time, can't stand being late for anything.
3. I am totally addicted to coffee, guess that's where I get my extra energy from?
4. I never do dishes, my sweetie does them everynight, gotta love a man that does dishes.
5. I am crazy about sloppy love stories, and OH MY I love the Hallmark channel, just keep the tissues handy for those sappy happy endings!
6. I can't stand being un-organized, need everything in its place, can't work in a mess.
7. Love the rush of a planning a new project or trip, the planning and details are such fun, guess that's why I don't like kits, to me it feels like someone has licked the icing clean off my cupcake.
Sew till later
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Sunday, June 3, 2007
I have had this bright lemon yellow cotton yarn in my stash for 8 years!! only had 5 skeins, and thought I didn't have enough, but I found this cute free pattern online and had enough to make it and I think enough left over to make a premie hat for charity! The shop is very close to my DD, so guess I will visit the next time we go to Illinois!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
these are a few of my Dear Hannah blocks I have all the applique blocks done, and decided not to do the pieced blocks, I even have the fabric for setting them, I might set them with an alternate block like courthouse steps, still thinking about that........now just to find the time!
I used lots of hand dyed fabrics and batiks, I think the black really sets them off, the setting fabric is a blue green batik I think it will be so pretty. I think I have all the blocks I made in my webshots
gotta get stitching so many projects to work on
sew till later