Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blueberry peach crumb pie




OH YUM!! who wouldn't love a slice of warm blueberry peach crumb pie with vanilla ice cream???


My mom made this pie every summer, started with not enough of either fruit for a pie so she tossed them together added her famous crumb topping and a tradition was born, she made this pie for my husband's birthday, she' has been gone for 8 years I finally got the courage to make one, I must say it turned our great, my sweet hubby says it's just as good as Mom's (or he was just being kind) but I think I agree!


so I'm sharing the recipe.



Blueberry peach crumb pie
1 prebaked pie shell I buy the Pillsbury and bake it 9 minutes at 425 using pie weights
1/4 C plus 2 Tbsp flour
1/2 C white sugar
1/4 C lt brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups peeled and sliced peaches about 4 to 5 peaches
1 pt blueberries cleaned
mix all dry ingredients and toss in the peaches and blueberries put into the pie shell and make crumb topping
streusel topping
3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c light brown sugar
5 Tbsp butter cut up
use 2 knives to mix crumb topping
sprinkle evenly on the top of the pie and bake 1 hour at 375
serve warm with vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Little Brown Bird

Little Brown Bird