Sunday, July 12, 2009

1st quilt








Camille over at Simplify got together with a friend, Carrie of LaVieEnRosie and cooked up this marvelous idea for quilters everywhere to show their first and last quilt. I"m game, are you???




Techniquely speaking my first quilt was a cheater panel that I made for my DD in 1978 for her big girl bed, but then I made a log cabin in a class that used a ruler and strips and was a "speedy" method. Did this in a workshop using strips and rulers I made it for my sister as a wedding gift, she has used it ever since, but when home visiting talked me into giving her a new one, so I gave her Bloomin 9 patch, and also caught her "trying" to load a few others in her suitcase LOL that will teach me to store my quilts in the guest room. She refuses to send me a photo says it has been well used.








No comments:

Little Brown Bird

Little Brown Bird